Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

PENNY......at the movies

Here is something that you might not be aware of - American Pie has a ten year reunion film in cinemas. I wouldn't feel too bad if your not aware of this given that I have reviewed it and its not exactly brilliant.

I've been wondering why American Pie films haven't been killed off ages ago. There are at least six or seven different ones at this point and only three of them feature the original cast. The only reason I know there are so many is because I used to work in a video shop and it seemed like every month there was a new one popping up.
Being that the original was ten years ago, I can't remember how I reacted to the American Pie films. Going back ten years ago I was sixteen, which more then likely meant I found it funny because lets face it - the films aren't exactly highbrow. You know what your getting here - gags revolving around sex, farting and boys. Comedy has changed since the release of AP1 though, we have had the introduction of bro films (Hangover 1+2, Knocked Up, etc), the rise of the brilliant female writers such as Diablo Cody (Juno and Young Adult), female comedians in Bridesmaids and Judd Aptow with Knocked Up, Superbad, Pineapple Express, etc - American Pie seems, crude and outdated next to our newer comedies.
Taking it for what it is - American Pie will keep you entertained, but not laughing for at least an hour and a half. If your in the mood for something mindless and crude then this will do.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar